Tuesday 15 May 2007

Library Opening Hours


It's great to see that Queens will be getting a new library in the coming years, but I for one hope that its not just the building that is changing. One of the biggest bug bears I have had about the library here is its opening hours particularly at weekends. I don't work weekends and as a result its when I get the majority of my studying done but I am often frustrated by the lack of facilities available to me to do this. Admittedly the main library from now until the end of the semester is open late on the weekends but for many students who had coursework to do this is too little to late. Add to this the number of part time post graduate students who need to make use of the facilities at weekends, it truly is unacceptable. During my time at Queens I have fought to have this extended weekend opening hours in place all year round but I have been met with much opposition from Queens, hopefully this new library will bring this to an end

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It shouldn't open on a Sunday.

Sinful people.