Tuesday 15 May 2007

Remove Politics From Sport


I am both a big sports fan and a political anorak, but I can not stand it when these two things are combined, as was the case recently when John Howard prevented the Australian cricket team from playing a test series in Zimbabwe. Now don't get me wrong I am not a fan of Mugabe or his regime but at the same time I don't think this is a decision the Australian Prime Minister should be taking. Politics and sport should not be mixed.

A few years back Greece were barred from UEFA competitions because of too much government interference. In addition during the 2003 world cup England were penalised for failing to play in Zimbabwe. As a result I will be interested to see what if any action the ICC will take in relation to this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best for the blog site!

Anonymous said...

www.statcounter.com

a useful website u might want to take a look at for ur blog

Anonymous said...

dermot

how about updating you student election blog?

And declaring you humiliating defeat to a DUA candidate.

LMAO

Anonymous said...

when are you going to update your blog?

David said...

Your right, seems we have gotten a little lazy. I will start posting again from tomorrow, Helferty i hope will join in shortly